We're Hiring // St Ives
We're looking for a creative cook to join them team in St Ives. The Kiosk is growing and our dreams of running a cafe are becoming a reality. We have the keys for a new space above the Kiosk and we're currently ripping everything out, building a new kitchen and creating the space we've always dreamt of. Fun times.
We’re looking for someone who is excited about food, ingredients, and provenance. The menu will be; simple, fresh, well-balanced, and affordable whilst interesting and delicious. We want to cook with the best seasonal and locally grown ingredients, whilst working with suppliers and growers who share our passion for the environment and outstanding flavours.
The idea is heaps of seasonal salads, grilled sandwiches, homemade pickles, brunch (tasty t’ings on toast), and a stunning selection of curated condiments. We will be opening for daytimes for the first few weeks but we have a licence to open until 10pm - we will be introducing a tapas style menu for evenings and inviting Cornwall's best to run pop-ups before then.
We're looking for passion and creativity, a love for cooking. Whilst we don't necessarily need formal training, experience of working in a busy kitchen would be an advantage. We want to find somebody who can work alongside the FOH manager to ensure the cafe opens smoothly and builds a great reputation. This will be a shared responsibility. It is an opportunity to input to something new and exciting.
- Work with us to design menu offering
- Set up and stock kitchen with all necessary supplies
- Create relationships with the best suppliers in the Country.
- Baking cakes, and savoury snacks to go on the counter
- Manage the kitchen’s service and baking rota
- Work collaboratively with cafe manager
- Train team members to produce menu offering
- Stock inventory appropriately, and ordering
- Comply with all Food Hygiene and Safety regulations
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with co-workers and customers
- Maintain cleanliness and order in the kitchen, fridges, storerooms
- Responsible for waste management, ensure organic waste is properly managed and maintain a zero single use plastic policy
- Job Type: Full-time - 5 days a week including weekend shifts
- Salary: Based on experience
Please apply with your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com