This is a managerial role overseeing all aspects of the business. Your day-to-day will be hands-on and customer facing. Your main task is leadership and outstanding customer service - we pride ourselves on being welcoming, warm and kind. You will also take responsibility for sustainability, food offering, quality control and profitability. The cafe should be guided by the same principles as the rest of our business; environmentally focused and actively working towards positive change - reducing the negative footprint that comes from business activity. Quality of food and drink should always be exceptional.
- Quality control of food and drinks, ensuring that each plate and cup represents our identity and meets the highest standards.
- Maintaining/developing relationships with local producers.
- Creating a progressive seasonal menu that celebrates local and organic produce.
- Ensuring that the internal culture is educational, engaging and staff are proud of the hospitality they are providing.
- Supervision of the customer experience, making sure that the service is up to standard and staff are exceeding expectations.
- Ordering & stock control
- Managing staff rotas and holiday calendars
- Pop ups and events
- Cashing up, banking and consolidating revenue reports
- Recruitment, induction training, staff reviews and fostering retention programs
- Execute weekly and monthly management meetings
- Communicating clearly with management, setting goals, and understanding the actions that make them achievable
- Ensuring health and safety records are up to date
- Pop Ups & Events: We expect there to be at least 6 events per year.
- Average GP on food & drink to be above 65%
Salary: £28,000 + bonus scheme
Job Type: Full time with weekend work. 45 hours per/week.
Start date: April 1st
*Please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org*