This year we've put together Christmas gift pack which features companies and products we feel are doing something special. A gift with a conscience, that feels good giving.
Christmas is no doubt a special time, spending time with family and friends, enjoying beautiful food and exchanging gifts and tokens of love. It can also be a time of mass consumption, last minute panic buys, stocking fillers.. you know the score.
The idea with this gift pack is collate some gifts which give back. Either to the planet, or to those in real need. We hope this takes the guess work out of gift buying this Christmas. Something for everyone. Something good.
Our Christmas gift pack contains the following:
1. An issue of Positive News
Something to dip into amidst the Christmas mayhem. Maybe you want to avoid a relative, shut one up or have an excuse to lie in bed!
Positive News is the magazine for good journalism about the good things that are happening.
• Stories of social and environmental progress
• Quality, independent reporting with a focus on solutions
• Impactful photography and stunning visual design
• Boosts your wellbeing and helps you engage in the world
• A carbon neutral publication printed on quality paper
Published four times a year: January, April, July and October. So the gift pack will feature its latest and last issue this year. Yes.
2. A Keep Cup
The statistics around takeaway coffee cups are shocking. Every year, over 500 billion takeaway cups pile up in landfill, forming the coffee industry’s ugliest footprint.
Keep Cup kick started the movement of reusable coffee cups 10 years ago. A beautiful reusable cup, encouraging us to reuse instead of discard.
Each of our Positive Pack's will include 1 x Keep Cup with a coloured lid of your choice. Just add a note at checkout to specify.
3. A pair of Jollie's socks
For every pair of Jollies Socks bought a pair of hardy hiking socks are donated to a homeless charity in your local area. A ‘Wear One, Share One’ model giving you the opportunity to connect, listen, share and bridge the gap between society and homelessness.
The socks are WRAP/SEDEX Certified and or part of the Fairwear Association. This means that all the hands involved in creating our products are paid a fair, living wage and the materials are sourced ethically.
• Made In England
• 80% Combed Cotton, 20% Nylon
• Hand Linked Toe
1 pair included. Add note in checkout for chosen size. Based on UK shoe sizing.
4. A retail bag of Yallah Coffee
We do everything in our means to make our business and product good, sustainable, ethical, of high quality and high value.
• Sustainably sourced
• Premiums are paid for high quality coffee, and go back to the workers
• Single origin and highly traceable. (We don’t blend cheap components or cut corners.)
• Carbon Neutral courier service
• Recyclable, biodegradable packaging
• We recycle chaff (waste product from roasting coffee) as fuel for the biomass boiler here at Argal Home Farm
• Our roastery is powered with solar panels and a biomass boiler heats our water
1 bag included. Select ground or beans at checkout.